A figment of my imagination

I dreamed of you last night. A version of you I created in my mind. Your hair was the same, your face was the same, your lips were the same, your eyes were the same. You talked the same way, but I don't know if you kissed the same way. I don't know if the sweetness of those lips are just a figment of my imagination or if they are real. I know that in my dream you were like a force of nature, irresistible and fluid. Like water relentlessly pulling away at the shore. The smile you had stamped on your face and the spark in those eyes held me captive and immobile. Just like when I met you and unbeknown to you I stared at you thinking : I could kiss that mouth. I wonder what it'd be like to bite those lips gently with my teeth. I wonder what it'd be like to feel the wetness of his kiss mingled with the bittersweet smell of his breath. I wondered what you'd look like when you'd feel my desire awaken. So I filled in the gaps and imagined it all. And now I smile to myself because I know that it's enough for me to have dreamed that enticing dream even if you never come close to me again. It's enough that you inspired its passion and beauty. For that I thank you, kind stranger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1 in NYC

NYC Day 2-9

And so I did it