And so I did it

Taking courage in both hands... this is what we say in Italy. The meaning is rather obvious is it not?
Sometimes you gotta wait til you feel high and strong to be able to make a difficult decision. You know that later you will have your weak moments but if you do it when you feel on top of the world you are operating from the vantage point of having all the resources to deal with the upcoming difficulties. You sort of feel like you 'll be ok, and that gives you the strength to go with the right path for you even though it is scary.

So I did it. I waited til I felt on top of the world, after a gig. And it seemed easier. Later I still had to pay the consequences and felt like crap for a while but at least I wasn't in Limbo anymore and deep inside I knew I had done the right thing.

A few days have now passed and I have had my moments of insecurity and tears. I have felt like nothing ever changes and that I am always falling into the same patterns. But then I picked myself up: I was a tad catastrophizing (my new favourite word) and wasn't really looking at reality with a neutral lens.

If I look at the past whenever I felt rejected by people I realized that that person was not right for me. At the time I could see it but later I thanked the universe for not allowing me to go further in their company. So these days I tell myself that I don't want to be with anyone who doesn't want me. What would be the point in that ? If it's just to prove the point that I am a worthwhile as a person I am going to be defeated. It's like saying : I want this person to like chocolate so I can say that chocolate is good because I am secretly fearful that it might not be . The result is the person still doesn't like chocolate and never will and your worst fears shall be confirmed, not because they are real but because the premise you are working from is fundamentally flawed: that is the meaning of self fulfilling prophecy.

So that's that. Feel the fear and do it anyway. Expect the best and accept the rest. Forget the past and jump.
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYC Day 2-9

Day 1 in NYC