Autumn Afternoons

Writing on a beautifully cloudy autumn afternoon in my flat in Edinburgh, listening to Portishead with the cat on my lap... kitty Samhein is happy and that is good because it means she's not going to bite me.  These have been busy days,  with Samhuinn just over, Italy behind me, and new projects just starting. At the moment I am waiting to hear from Arjen Schippers from the Mjuk Project so I can post our latest song "The eyes of a stranger" (which is dedicated to Ben Fyfe from Aberdeen met at the mighty Kaledoiscope festival) on our facebook page...
I also am trying to finalise some new collaborations with Graham Spence from Newcastle, Amy from New Zealand , Jeannette Gray and Emily Hoddo from the UK and trying to fix dates for gigs with local artists Caro Bridges, Rob Sproul Can and Jason Tyrone... as well as  a tour in January in Italy with  James Wynne.... busy busy indeed. I also am trying to record and mix the new Italian Album , which is going rather slow due to my lack of time... in fact recently I have been going through a bit of a re assessment of my life and trying to figure out how to make it all work without feeling too overwhelmed and over worked. Time for fun is essential! Which also means that I should get off this computer and play some tunes... Ive been writing a whole lot of new songs since coming to Edinburgh... a few are
  • Another lovely day (for guitar and voice)
  • Unlucky in Love (Mjuk)
  • Unwise (Mjuk)
  • The eyes of a stranger (Mjuk)
  • I'll be here (guitar and voice)
  • Let yourself fall (guitar and voice)
  • Life's but a joke (guitar and voice)
I guess Ill post the lyrics soon... now I gotta get ready for guyfolks tomorrow... I think I might go busking in the Royal Mile so I can make some pub money to celebrate! xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1 in NYC

NYC Day 2-9

And so I did it